Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Brød og Smør

Brød og Smør - bread and butter in Norwegian - has been a daily part of my life since I was a baby. I grew up in a Norwegian-American household where 2 out 3 meals consisted of bread and butter. For breakfast we ate bread and butter with cheese or jam; for lunch bread and butter with chicken, ham or whatever last nights dinner was. To this day a dark piece of toasted bread with smooth, creamy, salty butter is my favorite afternoon snack.

I've started this blog in an effort to increase my creativity in the kitchen and decrease the boredom from working at home. My daily conference calls seem to speed by when there is something baking in the oven or bubbling on the stove. I want to share my passion for food and to document my cooking triumphs and failures. I will also be including some personal events as well. In the next few months I will be searching for a new apartment, welcoming a baby and figuring out how to be a working mom in New York City. I look forward to all of the upcoming challenges, especially since I have such an incredible partner and support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment